LA CROSSE, WI - An excessive heat warning has been issued for Monday and Tuesday for counties that border the Mississippi River—La Crosse, Houston, Winona, Trempealeau, Buffalo, Wabasha and Pepin.
StormTeam 8 Meteorologist Bill Graul says we can expect hazy sunshine with record or near-record highs in the mid-to-upper 90s. Heat indices will climb into the 95-105-degree range, but some spots could see readings in the 105-110+ range.
A heat advisory remains in effect for the rest of the viewing area through Tuesday evening.
Graul says the overnight/early morning lows will only fall into the 75-80-degree range in most areas.21654564
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked