DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - An NBA draft pick and former Iowa State University player will discuss his struggles with mental illness.
Royce White, a first round draft pick for the Houston Rockets, will speak at a mental health forum Thursday night at Creative Visions in Des Moines.
White was joined Thursday by legislators at the Capitol to discuss the forum and his plan for similar events elsewhere in the country.
White didn't play a game with the Rockets this season, as he and the team were at odds on how to best handle his anxiety issues. White averaged 11.4 points in 16 games with Rio Grande, Houston's D-League affiliate, but spokeswoman Rebecca Sweat says White isn't with the team for their current playoff run.
Sweat says the Vipers had no comment on White's status.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom