DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - An NBA draft pick and former Iowa State University player will discuss his struggles with mental illness.
Royce White, a first round draft pick for the Houston Rockets, will speak at a mental health forum Thursday night at Creative Visions in Des Moines.
White was joined Thursday by legislators at the Capitol to discuss the forum and his plan for similar events elsewhere in the country.
White didn't play a game with the Rockets this season, as he and the team were at odds on how to best handle his anxiety issues. White averaged 11.4 points in 16 games with Rio Grande, Houston's D-League affiliate, but spokeswoman Rebecca Sweat says White isn't with the team for their current playoff run.
Sweat says the Vipers had no comment on White's status.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death