BELLEVUE, Neb. (AP) - A woman has been arrested in Council Bluffs, Iowa, after a 90-minute chase that began across the Missouri River in Bellevue, Neb.
The Omaha World-Herald says the pursuit began about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday when a Bellevue officer checked a car that had stopped on a highway offramp. The officer says the car nearly backed into the officer's cruiser and then headed north toward Omaha.
The chase continued into Omaha and back to Bellevue, where the car stopped several times and sped away when officers approached. The driver eventually went to Omaha and drove east into Council Bluffs, using the westbound lanes of Interstate 80.
The woman was arrested a little after 3 a.m., when she stopped her car for good in Council Bluffs.
Charges are pending in both states.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse