MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - Newly released court documents include emails showing that Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's recall election campaign team told him to instruct donors to give to Wisconsin Club for Growth, which would run ads for Walker and distribute money to other conservative groups backing him.
The emails were part of some 1,300 pages released by a federal appeals court from a secret investigation into whether Walker's recall campaign illegally coordinated with conservative groups.
It's not clear whether Walker followed the instructions from his team. But the documents say millions of dollars later moved from Wisconsin Club for Growth to groups backing Walker in the recall election.
Walker's campaign issued a statement Friday saying Walker isn't a target in the probe.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team