MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - Newly released court documents include emails showing that Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's recall election campaign team told him to instruct donors to give to Wisconsin Club for Growth, which would run ads for Walker and distribute money to other conservative groups backing him.
The emails were part of some 1,300 pages released by a federal appeals court from a secret investigation into whether Walker's recall campaign illegally coordinated with conservative groups.
It's not clear whether Walker followed the instructions from his team. But the documents say millions of dollars later moved from Wisconsin Club for Growth to groups backing Walker in the recall election.
Walker's campaign issued a statement Friday saying Walker isn't a target in the probe.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Groomer accused of kicking dog gets 2 years of probation
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Truck driver fatally crushed by pipe near Minneapolis
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions