LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Due to the high demand the La Crosse Regional Airport installed electric vehicle charging stations.
Two people can charge their cars at a time. It allows for electronic car owners to make sure their cars are fully charged when they return from a trip.
The charging station is free but users still need to pay to park in the lot. La Crosse Regional Airport Manager Clinton Torp said it's a good way to help save the environment.
"It's part of the green initiatives that are moving forward. It's an opportunity to cut down on greenhouse gases and some of those other issues as well," Torp said.
If the demand increases, the La Crosse Regional Airport hopes to install more charging stations. Milwaukee is the only other airport in Wisconsin with an electric car charge station.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns