LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Due to the high demand the La Crosse Regional Airport installed electric vehicle charging stations.
Two people can charge their cars at a time. It allows for electronic car owners to make sure their cars are fully charged when they return from a trip.
The charging station is free but users still need to pay to park in the lot. La Crosse Regional Airport Manager Clinton Torp said it's a good way to help save the environment.
"It's part of the green initiatives that are moving forward. It's an opportunity to cut down on greenhouse gases and some of those other issues as well," Torp said.
If the demand increases, the La Crosse Regional Airport hopes to install more charging stations. Milwaukee is the only other airport in Wisconsin with an electric car charge station.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon