WEST SALEM, WI - The West Salem Fire Department says an electrical issue caused a fire at a house on Mill Street Wednesday afternoon.
When crews arrived on scene at about 2:30 p.m., they found a small fire and the basement was filling up with smoke.
Firefighters say a cord shorted from a grinder plugged into receptacle from the ceiling. Crews removed the ceiling, checked the outlet and extinguished the fire rapidly.
Two people were home at the time of the fire. They were able to make it out okay.
Firefighters say there was minimal damage to the house, mainly smoke damage.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US