LA CROSSE, Wis. - The date is set for the recall of La Crosse's City Council President.
District 11 Council Member Audrey Kader was recalled earlier this month through efforts of a group called the Restore La Crosse Committee. They gathered 169 signatures, 11 more than required to trigger a recall.
At Thursday's special meeting, the council approved an election date of January 29, 2013. If enough candidates file, that will serve as a primary, and the actual election will be February 26.17933962
Kader is familiar with recall elections. She has previously survived a school board recall.
"I will be there until the end of this one," says Kader, "on one hand I know what's coming up next and on the other hand obviously I don't feel good about it."
As of today, no one has filed paperwork to run against her. The deadline to do so is January 2 before 5:00 p.m.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river