LA CROSSE, Wis. - The date is set for the recall of La Crosse's City Council President.
District 11 Council Member Audrey Kader was recalled earlier this month through efforts of a group called the Restore La Crosse Committee. They gathered 169 signatures, 11 more than required to trigger a recall.
At Thursday's special meeting, the council approved an election date of January 29, 2013. If enough candidates file, that will serve as a primary, and the actual election will be February 26.17933962
Kader is familiar with recall elections. She has previously survived a school board recall.
"I will be there until the end of this one," says Kader, "on one hand I know what's coming up next and on the other hand obviously I don't feel good about it."
As of today, no one has filed paperwork to run against her. The deadline to do so is January 2 before 5:00 p.m.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game