WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - An elderly Iowa woman suffering from Alzheimer's is safe after she went missing for hours in freezing temperatures.
The Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier reports that 99-year-old Kathryn Kalianov was found around 9:15 a.m. Friday in a backyard in Waterloo. Authorities say she had last been seen Thursday at 11 p.m.
Police say she was taken to a hospital with weather-related injuries. Her condition wasn't immediately available.
Witnesses say Kalianov had no shoes when she was found, and was wearing only a nightgown.
Kalianov was found when a resident noticed blood on the bumper of a van in a driveway, along with blood drops that led her to the place where Kalianov had fallen. Wilder says Kalianov appears to have stumbled and hit something before she collapsed.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice