ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Some Republicans are pining for a repeat campaign for Minnesota governor by former state Rep. Tom Emmer.
A new draft effort surfaced last week to get the GOP's 2010 nominee to seek a 2014 rematch with Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton. Emmer lost a narrow election to Dayton two years ago.
The draft campaign was registered with campaign regulators. It is led by a former House colleague, Doug Wardlow of Eagan. In an email, Emmer said he has no current plans to run for anything next year. He said he is enjoying his job hosting a radio show.
Several Republicans are sizing up a bid for governor, but they haven't taken any formal steps. There is also a draft campaign urging on Senate Minority Leader David Hann.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients