ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Some Republicans are pining for a repeat campaign for Minnesota governor by former state Rep. Tom Emmer.
A new draft effort surfaced last week to get the GOP's 2010 nominee to seek a 2014 rematch with Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton. Emmer lost a narrow election to Dayton two years ago.
The draft campaign was registered with campaign regulators. It is led by a former House colleague, Doug Wardlow of Eagan. In an email, Emmer said he has no current plans to run for anything next year. He said he is enjoying his job hosting a radio show.
Several Republicans are sizing up a bid for governor, but they haven't taken any formal steps. There is also a draft campaign urging on Senate Minority Leader David Hann.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure