LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The site of the former Edwardo's restaurant has a new owner after sitting vacant for about ten months.
The Good Steward Resale Store is expected to move onto the property this coming May. The current building is scheduled for demolition, and will be replaced by a new, 10,000 square foot location for the resale store.
Good Steward's current location was bought by the state of Wisconsin as part of the I-90 exit three renovations. Under the lease, the store has until May 15th to move into the new location.
"It's very similar, but the problem is, there's 44 thousand cars a day go by the other location, 24 thousand cars a day go by here. So, we're hoping that our customers will come down and visit us down here," said Good Steward Resale Store President Henry Leibl.
Edwardo's closed December of last year after 55 years of business in La Crosse.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 25, 2017
- Program gives books to La Crosse students for summer reading
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation