EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (AP) - A 48-year-old Eau Claire man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for sexually assaulting a teenager, who later became pregnant.
Eau Claire County Judge Paul Lenz also sentenced Larry Johnson Jr. Friday to 20 years of extended supervision upon his release for the first-degree sexual assault of a child younger than 13.
The Leader-Telegram reports Johnson is accused of having sexual contact with the girl since was 11. She's now 16.
Police were called Aug. 28 to a hospital on a report of a then-15-year-old girl showing childbirth complications. Police discovered the teen had given birth and the baby girl died of asphyxiation.
A juvenile delinquency petition was filed against the teen.
Johnson was also convicted in 1990 two counts of first-degree sexual assault of a child.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers