EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (AP) - An Eau Claire pediatrician is accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old male patient.
Eau Claire police say the doctor has been arrested on a possible charge of second-degree sexual assault and exposing himself. Authorities began an investigation Aug. 31 after the boy's parents told police their son was sexually assaulted during a medical exam at Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire.
The health care provider issued a statement saying the doctor was terminated Sept. 12.
The statement said other patients expressed concern after the pediatrician was fired and those reports are being investigated.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients