MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Former state Rep. Kristin Dexter has defeated fake Democrat James Engel in a state Senate recall primary.
Preliminary results from Tuesday's elections show Dexter, an Eau Claire Democrat, with 63 percent of the vote. Engel, of Fall Creek, had 37 percent.
Dexter advances to face Republican Sen. Terry Moulton of Chippewa Falls in a June 5 general recall election.
Dexter and two other Democrats want to oust Moulton and two other Republican senators as punishment for passing GOP Gov. Scott Walker's plan restricting public workers' union rights. Another Democrat was vying to face Republican Rep. Jerry Petrowski for an open Senate seat in that same election.
All four Democrats faced Republicans running as Democrats on Tuesday. The GOP recruited the fake candidates to ensure all the Democrats had primaries.
- Court: Police can take blood from unconscious drivers
- Changes sought to Wisconsin bill to help terminally ill
- Madison police investigate homicide on east side
- Wednesday deadline for Rochester student immunizations
- Trempealeau Co. K-9 leads to pair of drug arrests in one day
- Man killed by deputy was on dual paths
- Immigrant licenses complicate Minnesota's Real ID effort
- U'Ren family wants drivers to learn lesson in tragedy after fatal crash
- Fire damages Winona business
- Psychologist says La Crosse man not competent to stand trial