MAQUOKETA, Iowa (AP) - A Maquoketa, Iowa, man has died in a farm accident south of the eastern Iowa city.
The Clinton County Sheriff's Office tells the Dubuque Telegraph Herald that 75-year-old Donald Cain was pronounced dead Thursday night at the scene in a farm field.
The sheriff's office said first responders were sent to the scene shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday for a report of a man pinned by a corn planter in the field.
Cain was found lying on the ground near the farm equipment.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing