MAQUOKETA, Iowa (AP) - A Maquoketa, Iowa, man has died in a farm accident south of the eastern Iowa city.
The Clinton County Sheriff's Office tells the Dubuque Telegraph Herald that 75-year-old Donald Cain was pronounced dead Thursday night at the scene in a farm field.
The sheriff's office said first responders were sent to the scene shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday for a report of a man pinned by a corn planter in the field.
Cain was found lying on the ground near the farm equipment.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Parents of malnourished teen found dead plead not guilty
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified