MAQUOKETA, Iowa (AP) - A Maquoketa, Iowa, man has died in a farm accident south of the eastern Iowa city.
The Clinton County Sheriff's Office tells the Dubuque Telegraph Herald that 75-year-old Donald Cain was pronounced dead Thursday night at the scene in a farm field.
The sheriff's office said first responders were sent to the scene shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday for a report of a man pinned by a corn planter in the field.
Cain was found lying on the ground near the farm equipment.
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 21, 2017
- Adaptive Sports League wraps up winter season with floor hockey tourney
- February Primaries bring voters out in La Crosse