LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Sunday's rainy weather didn't stop people from enjoying a city wide Earth Fair.
The event is titled "Make it Green in 2014" and was sponsored by several local organizations. Activities included live music, arts and craft, food and storytelling.
There was also a farmer's market and "green" vendors. While it was based at Myrick Park, there were activities all over the city.
It's an even where people young and old can learn how to take care of our planet. "That's what I love about this event is just educating the youth that there's only one planet and there are a lot of things you can enjoy both outdoors, indoors, things you can do at home to preserve the planet for future generations," said event co-chair Erica Black.
This is the 6th time the earth fair has been held in La Crosse.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East