LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Local democrats are encouraging people to get out and vote early.
The La Crosse Democratic Party spent Monday morning ensuring as many local voters were registered and voting as possible. The early voting rally also reminded people about everything on the ballot this November, not just the presidential election.
Representative Jill Billings and State Senator Jennifer Shilling both attended the event, talking about the importance of voting and making your voice heard.
"The fact that you can vote early allows you some flexibility of when you vote, that if you have on election day if it's bad weather or there's something that comes up that you're suddenly out of town, you now have 3 weeks to put that on your list of things to do," said Senator Shilling.
At this time, the local Republican Party has no plans to hold an early voting rally.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns