LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Local democrats are encouraging people to get out and vote early.
The La Crosse Democratic Party spent Monday morning ensuring as many local voters were registered and voting as possible. The early voting rally also reminded people about everything on the ballot this November, not just the presidential election.
Representative Jill Billings and State Senator Jennifer Shilling both attended the event, talking about the importance of voting and making your voice heard.
"The fact that you can vote early allows you some flexibility of when you vote, that if you have on election day if it's bad weather or there's something that comes up that you're suddenly out of town, you now have 3 weeks to put that on your list of things to do," said Senator Shilling.
At this time, the local Republican Party has no plans to hold an early voting rally.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- Mayo study proposes method to lower circumcision costs
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature