MENOMONIE, Wis. (AP) - A couple towing a boat to Minnesota got quite a surprise: a bald eagle crashed through the shrink wrap while on Interstate 94 in Wisconsin.
The Chippewa Herald reports the eagle dove across the top of the pickup truck of Scott and Marilyn Kregness as they crossed the Red Cedar River near Menomonie, and crashed through the shrink wrap on Friday.
The couple kept going after only seeing a hole. But another driver told them the eagle was still inside. So Scott Kregness crawled around the back and found the bird between the motors, alive and upright.
Patti Stangel of Wildlife Rehabilitation and Release, Inc. in Colfax came out.
She says after the bird is examined it will be released, assuming it's in good health.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers