MENOMONIE, Wis. (AP) - A couple towing a boat to Minnesota got quite a surprise: a bald eagle crashed through the shrink wrap while on Interstate 94 in Wisconsin.
The Chippewa Herald reports the eagle dove across the top of the pickup truck of Scott and Marilyn Kregness as they crossed the Red Cedar River near Menomonie, and crashed through the shrink wrap on Friday.
The couple kept going after only seeing a hole. But another driver told them the eagle was still inside. So Scott Kregness crawled around the back and found the bird between the motors, alive and upright.
Patti Stangel of Wildlife Rehabilitation and Release, Inc. in Colfax came out.
She says after the bird is examined it will be released, assuming it's in good health.
- Family to announce settlement in police shooting case
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Ohio, Wisconsin kick start interstate talks on Trump effect
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Powerball' game
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Minnesota House set for floor vote on Real ID
- Iowa mayor wraps up address with bluesy salute to his city