LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - College kids are packing up and heading back home Saturday, and one city event is helping them keep the streets clean on their way out.
Volunteers with the 3rd annual Dumpster Diversion are set up at three different sites near the UW-L campus to help collect any unwanted items like furniture, electronics and food. Those items will be donated to local charities once the day is over.
Organizers say they'd like to see the stuff recycled and used again, instead of thrown away or left on the side of the street. They're expecting to collect more than a thousand pounds to donate Saturday.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student