LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - College kids are packing up and heading back home Saturday, and one city event is helping them keep the streets clean on their way out.
Volunteers with the 3rd annual Dumpster Diversion are set up at three different sites near the UW-L campus to help collect any unwanted items like furniture, electronics and food. Those items will be donated to local charities once the day is over.
Organizers say they'd like to see the stuff recycled and used again, instead of thrown away or left on the side of the street. They're expecting to collect more than a thousand pounds to donate Saturday.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration