DULUTH, Minn. (AP) - A 32-year-old Duluth man has a mystery on his hands.
Tyler Scouton tells the Duluth News Tribune that he received a postcard last week that appears to be from the World War II era. The card is postmarked April 23, 1945, and pictures the USS Cuttlefish, a submarine training vessel.
The card was sent by a man at the U.S. Naval Training Center in Great Lakes, Ill., and is addressed to a woman who once lived at Scouton's address. The real mystery: The card has a modern-day postage stamp on it.
Scouton is trying to figure out where the postcard has been for 68 years and who placed the new stamp on it and sent it.
Scouton says he wants to get the postcard to the families' descendants.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion