DUBUQUE, Ia. (AP) - A Dubuque man has been charged with attempted murder, willful injury and a weapons count after police say he stabbed and shot his wife in December, then turned the gun on himself.
The Quad-City Times reports that 44-year-old Robert Michael McClain was arrested this week at his home after being discharged from the hospital. He's being held in a Dubuque County jail on $500,000 bond and could not be reached for comment.
Police say that on Dec. 21, deputies were called to a house south of Dubuque and found McClain's wife hiding in a closet. They say she had been stabbed and shot in the leg. She survived her wounds.
The deputies found McClain in an upstairs bedroom with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the face.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing