NODINE, Minn. (WKBT) - The two people that died following a crash involving two semi-trucks on I-90 in Winona County have been identified.
The Minnesota State patrol identified the drivers as 47-year-old Michael Kalvig of Glenville, Minnesota and 37-year-old Abdulhafiz Hussein of Roseville Minnesota.
According to the Minnesota State Patrol, Kalvig's semi was traveling east on I-90 when he crossed the median and crashed head-on into Hussein's semi which was traveling west Tuesday morning.
Both semis started on fire.
The state patrol continues to investigate what caused Kalvig's semi to cross the median.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US