NODINE, Minn. (WKBT) - The two people that died following a crash involving two semi-trucks on I-90 in Winona County have been identified.
The Minnesota State patrol identified the drivers as 47-year-old Michael Kalvig of Glenville, Minnesota and 37-year-old Abdulhafiz Hussein of Roseville Minnesota.
According to the Minnesota State Patrol, Kalvig's semi was traveling east on I-90 when he crossed the median and crashed head-on into Hussein's semi which was traveling west Tuesday morning.
Both semis started on fire.
The state patrol continues to investigate what caused Kalvig's semi to cross the median.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners