CLARK COUNTY, WI - A driver of a car has died after hitting the back of a semi on STH 73 near Cloverdale Road in the Township of Longwood on Wednesday morning.
The Clark County Sheriff's Department says the driver of the car was going northbound on STH 73 as it approached a semi that was stopped in the lane of traffic due to road construction. Authorities say the driver was not able to stop in time and struck the rear of the semi.
The driver of the car, whose name has not been released yet, was pronounced dead at the scene by the Clark County Coroner's Office. No one else was injured in the crash.
This is the fourth traffic fatality in Clark County this year.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse