CLARK COUNTY, WI - A driver of a car has died after hitting the back of a semi on STH 73 near Cloverdale Road in the Township of Longwood on Wednesday morning.
The Clark County Sheriff's Department says the driver of the car was going northbound on STH 73 as it approached a semi that was stopped in the lane of traffic due to road construction. Authorities say the driver was not able to stop in time and struck the rear of the semi.
The driver of the car, whose name has not been released yet, was pronounced dead at the scene by the Clark County Coroner's Office. No one else was injured in the crash.
This is the fourth traffic fatality in Clark County this year.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death