EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - A 20-year-old woman from Eau Claire was ejected from her vehicle after a crash on Nelson Road west of CTH Z on Sunday night.
The woman was going 78 mph in a 55mph zone on STH 37 near Hemlock Road in the Town of Brunswick at about 7 p.m., according to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT).
A Wisconsin State Trooper turned around to stop the vehicle for the speed violation, WisDOT said. The vehicle went west on Nelson Road at a high rate of speed. The trooper tried to catch up to the vehicle with his lights and siren activated. The trooper found the vehicle had rolled over and crashed on Nelson Road west of CTH Z.
WisDOT says the driver was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle. She was airlifted to Mayo Hospital in Eau Claire with unknown injuries. Speed and alcohol are believed to be contributing factors in the crash, WisDOT said. No one else was in the vehicle.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash