EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - A 20-year-old woman from Eau Claire was ejected from her vehicle after a crash on Nelson Road west of CTH Z on Sunday night.
The woman was going 78 mph in a 55mph zone on STH 37 near Hemlock Road in the Town of Brunswick at about 7 p.m., according to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT).
A Wisconsin State Trooper turned around to stop the vehicle for the speed violation, WisDOT said. The vehicle went west on Nelson Road at a high rate of speed. The trooper tried to catch up to the vehicle with his lights and siren activated. The trooper found the vehicle had rolled over and crashed on Nelson Road west of CTH Z.
WisDOT says the driver was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle. She was airlifted to Mayo Hospital in Eau Claire with unknown injuries. Speed and alcohol are believed to be contributing factors in the crash, WisDOT said. No one else was in the vehicle.
- Wisconsin Democrats hoping to make points with Trump guests
- Accused driver talks about crash that killed couple
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Committee to hold hearing on youth prison bill
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Trial set for Iowa mother whose baby died on changing table
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 27, 2017
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget