LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse police issued a citation to a driver of a truck who struck two pedestrians on Ferry Street early Tuesday morning.
Tri-State Ambulance Director of Operations Tom Tornstrom said crews responded to the crash involving two pedestrians and a vehicle at about 6:30 a.m. at the intersection of 9th and Ferry Streets.
A male driver of a truck heading eastbound on Ferry Street had looked away from the road for a moment and struck the two pedestrians as they were attempting to cross Ferry Street, police said. They were both transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver was cited for inattentive driving.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing