LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse police issued a citation to a driver of a truck who struck two pedestrians on Ferry Street early Tuesday morning.
Tri-State Ambulance Director of Operations Tom Tornstrom said crews responded to the crash involving two pedestrians and a vehicle at about 6:30 a.m. at the intersection of 9th and Ferry Streets.
A male driver of a truck heading eastbound on Ferry Street had looked away from the road for a moment and struck the two pedestrians as they were attempting to cross Ferry Street, police said. They were both transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver was cited for inattentive driving.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting