EAU CLAIRE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A 34-year-old driver, his wife, and 8-year-old daughter suffer minor injuries after he suffered a seizure while driving on Highway 53 near Eau Claire.
The driver's wife attempted to steer the car from the passenger seat but the vehicle left the roadway and struck a rock embankment adjacent to the highway. All three were transported to Sacred Heart Hospital.
The Eau Claire County Sheriff's Department cited the driver for operating with a revoked driver's license and operating without insurance.
The sheriff's office was assisted by the Eau Claire Police Department, the Altoona Police Department, Township Fire Department, the Altoona Fire Department and the Eau Claire Fire Department.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners