AUSTIN, Minn. (AP) - An Elkton man is charged with driving drunk at about 120 mph when he crashed a Cadillac and killed two friends near Austin a year ago.
Forty-four-year-old Jason Fredrickson was charged Tuesday in Mower County with six felony counts of criminal vehicular homicide.
According to the complaint, Fredrickson drove a 2009 Cadillac STS into a ditch Feb. 25 while Jake Moe and Luke Unverzagt, both 32 and from Austin, were passengers. Both Unverzagt and Moe were thrown from the car and died. Fredrickson broke his ankle.
A State Patrol reconstruction says the car went airborne, snapped a utility pole and stopped after hitting a tree and another pole. Sheriff Terese Amazi says the car was "obliterated."
The Austin Daily Herald reports Fredrickson is due in court March 21.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016