AUSTIN, Minn. (AP) - An Elkton man is charged with driving drunk at about 120 mph when he crashed a Cadillac and killed two friends near Austin a year ago.
Forty-four-year-old Jason Fredrickson was charged Tuesday in Mower County with six felony counts of criminal vehicular homicide.
According to the complaint, Fredrickson drove a 2009 Cadillac STS into a ditch Feb. 25 while Jake Moe and Luke Unverzagt, both 32 and from Austin, were passengers. Both Unverzagt and Moe were thrown from the car and died. Fredrickson broke his ankle.
A State Patrol reconstruction says the car went airborne, snapped a utility pole and stopped after hitting a tree and another pole. Sheriff Terese Amazi says the car was "obliterated."
The Austin Daily Herald reports Fredrickson is due in court March 21.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns