SIREN, Wis. (AP) - A Minnesota man is charged with three felonies following a car surfing death in Wisconsin.
Prosecutors in Burnett County say 21-year-old Cole Fohrenkamm, of St. Paul, was driving the car from which a friend fell last August near Danbury. Shawn Swanson died the day after he and another man climbed on top of the car to `surf.' The 21-year-old Swanson suffered a severe head injury when he hit the road.
A criminal complaint says Fohrenkamm admitted to authorities that he had been drinking earlier in the day and was driving the car from which Swanson fell.
Charges against Fohrenkamm include homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle. The Duluth News Tribune says Fohrenkamm is scheduled to appear in Burnett County Circuit Court Dec. 19.
A call to Fohrenkamm for comment indicated his phone number has been temporarily disconnected.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser