LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One event tied to Riverfest that you won't find at Riverside Park this year is the Big Blue Dragon Boat Races put on by Mayo Clinic Health System.
The race is now being held on the Black River, next to Copeland Park in La Crosse. The high water and swift current forced the change. Thursday organizers were setting up tents and stands for people to watch the races on Saturday. The boats are also getting in the water for teams to get their last practices in.
Organizers aren't so much worried about the event, but where people will parking come Saturday.
"We're asking people not to park by the boat landing, because that is going to be open for the boats, so Veteran's Freedom Park is available for parking, there's also the boat landing by Hardees' that's going to be open for the general public and also any place around here that will be open," said Rick Thiesse, from Mayo Clinic Health System.
The races start at 11:15 am,. on Saturday, with the finals expected to start around 3:30 p.m..
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked