LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One event tied to Riverfest that you won't find at Riverside Park this year is the Big Blue Dragon Boat Races put on by Mayo Clinic Health System.
The race is now being held on the Black River, next to Copeland Park in La Crosse. The high water and swift current forced the change. Thursday organizers were setting up tents and stands for people to watch the races on Saturday. The boats are also getting in the water for teams to get their last practices in.
Organizers aren't so much worried about the event, but where people will parking come Saturday.
"We're asking people not to park by the boat landing, because that is going to be open for the boats, so Veteran's Freedom Park is available for parking, there's also the boat landing by Hardees' that's going to be open for the general public and also any place around here that will be open," said Rick Thiesse, from Mayo Clinic Health System.
The races start at 11:15 am,. on Saturday, with the finals expected to start around 3:30 p.m..
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team