LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One event tied to Riverfest that you won't find at Riverside Park this year is the Big Blue Dragon Boat Races put on by Mayo Clinic Health System.
The race is now being held on the Black River, next to Copeland Park in La Crosse. The high water and swift current forced the change. Thursday organizers were setting up tents and stands for people to watch the races on Saturday. The boats are also getting in the water for teams to get their last practices in.
Organizers aren't so much worried about the event, but where people will parking come Saturday.
"We're asking people not to park by the boat landing, because that is going to be open for the boats, so Veteran's Freedom Park is available for parking, there's also the boat landing by Hardees' that's going to be open for the general public and also any place around here that will be open," said Rick Thiesse, from Mayo Clinic Health System.
The races start at 11:15 am,. on Saturday, with the finals expected to start around 3:30 p.m..
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Area hotel damaged after bizare car crash