LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Oktoberfest festivities kick off Thursday with the annual Torchlight Parade.
The police department would like to remind everyone not to stake-out a spot too early. Parade-goers are prohibited from setting up their spots on La Crosse public property before midnight the night before a parade.
The city will take any unattended belongings on the route too early, and will ask people to move for safety reasons.
"We want to make sure that people can obviously walk on the sidewalk for example, and they don't trip over something that may be on the sidewalks or boulevards, things like that. So it is the safety issue, and then people just trying to get around, and get mobile for the parade coming up," said La Crosse Police Department Community Resource Officer Brooke Pataska.
The Torchlight Parade kicks off at seven Thursday night. The Maple Leaf Parade begins at ten Saturday morning.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure