WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - Officials say a dog has been found dead inside a kennel left on a gravel road on the east side of Waterloo.
Waterloo Animal Control says the dog was covered in feces and urine and looks like it died of starvation or dehydration.
The kennel was abandoned either late Friday night or early Saturday morning. The kennel and carcass were found at 8:15 a.m. Saturday.
An online campaign has raised a reward of $1,200 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks