WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - Officials say a dog has been found dead inside a kennel left on a gravel road on the east side of Waterloo.
Waterloo Animal Control says the dog was covered in feces and urine and looks like it died of starvation or dehydration.
The kennel was abandoned either late Friday night or early Saturday morning. The kennel and carcass were found at 8:15 a.m. Saturday.
An online campaign has raised a reward of $1,200 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.