LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Big changes are coming for Wisconsin's "Do Not Call" program.
Beginning one week from Friday Wisconsin consumers will no longer be required to register their numbers every two years to receive protection under state law from unwanted telemarketing calls and text messages.
Another change is that new registrations will be active the following day rather than the next quarter.
These changes will include phone numbers already on the "No Call" list.
People will not need to re-register for protection under the new law.
The new law takes affect beginning August first. To register for the "No Call List" call 888-382-1222.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration