LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Big changes are coming for Wisconsin's "Do Not Call" program.
Beginning one week from Friday Wisconsin consumers will no longer be required to register their numbers every two years to receive protection under state law from unwanted telemarketing calls and text messages.
Another change is that new registrations will be active the following day rather than the next quarter.
These changes will include phone numbers already on the "No Call" list.
People will not need to re-register for protection under the new law.
The new law takes affect beginning August first. To register for the "No Call List" call 888-382-1222.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse