CAMDEN TOWNSHIP, Minn. (AP) - Divers in Carver County have recovered the body of a teenage boy who apparently drowned in Eagle Lake.
The 16-year-old disappeared Friday about 7:30 p.m. when he went underwater and never resurfaced. Divers recovered his body about 11 p.m.
The sheriff's office identified him Saturday as Davis Paul Colley from Norwood Young America. Deputies say there were no external signs of injuries.
Authorities say Colley was believed to have been at the lake by himself.
Friends say Colley may have been attempting a "cold water challenge." That's where teens videotape themselves jumping into icy lakes in the name of charity. Deputies would only say preliminary information suggests Colley wasn't engaged in recreational swimming.
Eagle Lake is in Baylor Regional Park, a 200-acre park just north of Norwood Young America.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.