CAMDEN TOWNSHIP, Minn. (AP) - Divers in Carver County have recovered the body of a teenage boy who apparently drowned in Eagle Lake.
The 16-year-old disappeared Friday about 7:30 p.m. when he went underwater and never resurfaced. Divers recovered his body about 11 p.m.
The sheriff's office identified him Saturday as Davis Paul Colley from Norwood Young America. Deputies say there were no external signs of injuries.
Authorities say Colley was believed to have been at the lake by himself.
Friends say Colley may have been attempting a "cold water challenge." That's where teens videotape themselves jumping into icy lakes in the name of charity. Deputies would only say preliminary information suggests Colley wasn't engaged in recreational swimming.
Eagle Lake is in Baylor Regional Park, a 200-acre park just north of Norwood Young America.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- Walker's evangelical Alaskan cruise canceled
- Teacher, student kidney transplant set for Wednesday
- Biometric screening speeds check-in at Twin Cities airport
- U of Minnesota law professor charged with sex assault
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus