CAMDEN TOWNSHIP, Minn. (AP) - Divers in Carver County have recovered the body of a teenage boy who apparently drowned in Eagle Lake.
The 16-year-old disappeared Friday about 7:30 p.m. when he went underwater and never resurfaced. Divers recovered his body about 11 p.m.
The sheriff's office identified him Saturday as Davis Paul Colley from Norwood Young America. Deputies say there were no external signs of injuries.
Authorities say Colley was believed to have been at the lake by himself.
Friends say Colley may have been attempting a "cold water challenge." That's where teens videotape themselves jumping into icy lakes in the name of charity. Deputies would only say preliminary information suggests Colley wasn't engaged in recreational swimming.
Eagle Lake is in Baylor Regional Park, a 200-acre park just north of Norwood Young America.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Parents of malnourished teen found dead plead not guilty
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified