JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Rock County Communications Center released a music video to promote its non-emergency phone number.
Center officials said 34 percent of calls made to 911 in 2013 were non-emergency calls. They want those non-emergency callers to dial 608-757-2244.
The original music and idea for the video were borrowed with permission from the Franklin Tennessee Police Department, who developed a similar video last year.
The video was filmed at the town of Beloit Fire Department and involved several Rock County law enforcement agencies. Beloit musician Jamie Campbell wrote and performed the song.Dispatchers promote non-emergency number with music video
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls