JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Rock County Communications Center released a music video to promote its non-emergency phone number.
Center officials said 34 percent of calls made to 911 in 2013 were non-emergency calls. They want those non-emergency callers to dial 608-757-2244.
The original music and idea for the video were borrowed with permission from the Franklin Tennessee Police Department, who developed a similar video last year.
The video was filmed at the town of Beloit Fire Department and involved several Rock County law enforcement agencies. Beloit musician Jamie Campbell wrote and performed the song.Dispatchers promote non-emergency number with music video
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death