JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Rock County Communications Center released a music video to promote its non-emergency phone number.
Center officials said 34 percent of calls made to 911 in 2013 were non-emergency calls. They want those non-emergency callers to dial 608-757-2244.
The original music and idea for the video were borrowed with permission from the Franklin Tennessee Police Department, who developed a similar video last year.
The video was filmed at the town of Beloit Fire Department and involved several Rock County law enforcement agencies. Beloit musician Jamie Campbell wrote and performed the song.Dispatchers promote non-emergency number with music video
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases