IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - The Diocese of Davenport says it has temporarily suspended two priests in eastern Iowa while it investigates allegations that they improperly touched minors decades ago.
Spokesman David Montgomery said Monday the diocese received separate reports of abuse allegations last week against Father Robert Harness, the pastor of Holy Family Church in Davenport; and John Stack, the chaplain at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.
The diocese said that Harness has been accused of inappropriately touching a minor in approximately 1990. At the time, he was a pastor at St. Mary's in Keota.
Stack is accused of inappropriately touching minors in the 1980s. He worked from 1988 to 1990 at Holy Family.
Montgomery said the allegations have been reported to the Scott County Attorney.
Harness and Stack didn't immediately return phone messages.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion