IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - The Diocese of Davenport says it has temporarily suspended two priests in eastern Iowa while it investigates allegations that they improperly touched minors decades ago.
Spokesman David Montgomery said Monday the diocese received separate reports of abuse allegations last week against Father Robert Harness, the pastor of Holy Family Church in Davenport; and John Stack, the chaplain at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.
The diocese said that Harness has been accused of inappropriately touching a minor in approximately 1990. At the time, he was a pastor at St. Mary's in Keota.
Stack is accused of inappropriately touching minors in the 1980s. He worked from 1988 to 1990 at Holy Family.
Montgomery said the allegations have been reported to the Scott County Attorney.
Harness and Stack didn't immediately return phone messages.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US