LA CROSSE, Wis. - More than 300 couples couples celebrated their golden wedding anniversary within the Diocese of La Crosse on Sunday.
The Diocese held three different masses throughout the area to help the 329 couples celebrate their 50 years of marriage.
Twenty-nine of those golden couples celebrated in La Crosse Sunday afternoon. The Diocese wanted to celebrate not just the years of the couples marriage, but what their relationships represent.
"Marriage is a very important and special element in our lives and we want to celebrate with these people becuase they make it look good and stress the reality of what marriage is to us," said Bishop William Callahan.
The couples total more than 16 thousand years of marriage and nearly 145 million hours of wedding bliss.20784588
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building