LA CROSSE, Wis. - More than 300 couples couples celebrated their golden wedding anniversary within the Diocese of La Crosse on Sunday.
The Diocese held three different masses throughout the area to help the 329 couples celebrate their 50 years of marriage.
Twenty-nine of those golden couples celebrated in La Crosse Sunday afternoon. The Diocese wanted to celebrate not just the years of the couples marriage, but what their relationships represent.
"Marriage is a very important and special element in our lives and we want to celebrate with these people becuase they make it look good and stress the reality of what marriage is to us," said Bishop William Callahan.
The couples total more than 16 thousand years of marriage and nearly 145 million hours of wedding bliss.20784588
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota