MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating an explosive device that detonated inside a mailbox on the city's east side Thursday.
Officers were called to a property in the 7000 block of Bluff Point Drive at 11:39 p.m. and found a smoking explosive device and a suspicious leaking liquid.
The blast extended more than 6 feet, according to officers.
Police said the same victim, a 65-year-old man, had a window of his vehicle damaged about three weeks ago.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse