MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating an explosive device that detonated inside a mailbox on the city's east side Thursday.
Officers were called to a property in the 7000 block of Bluff Point Drive at 11:39 p.m. and found a smoking explosive device and a suspicious leaking liquid.
The blast extended more than 6 feet, according to officers.
Police said the same victim, a 65-year-old man, had a window of his vehicle damaged about three weeks ago.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather