ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a "person of interest" in the slaying of a Cold Spring police officer has committed suicide.Bureau of Criminal Apprehension Superintendent Wade Setter says the man was 32-year-old Eric Thomes of rural Cold Spring.
Setter says investigators had interviewed Thomes several times about the Nov. 29 slaying of Officer Tom Decker after they got a tip. Setter says they were seeking to interview Thomes again on Wednesday afternoon when he fled his home.
Setter says Thomes ran to an outbuilding and refused to come out. Setter says when agents entered the building several hours later, Thomes had hung himself.
Despite his death, Setter says the investigation is still active.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.