ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a "person of interest" in the slaying of a Cold Spring police officer has committed suicide.Bureau of Criminal Apprehension Superintendent Wade Setter says the man was 32-year-old Eric Thomes of rural Cold Spring.
Setter says investigators had interviewed Thomes several times about the Nov. 29 slaying of Officer Tom Decker after they got a tip. Setter says they were seeking to interview Thomes again on Wednesday afternoon when he fled his home.
Setter says Thomes ran to an outbuilding and refused to come out. Setter says when agents entered the building several hours later, Thomes had hung himself.
Despite his death, Setter says the investigation is still active.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists