DES MOINES, IA (AP) - Des Moines police say a car didn't slow or stop after hitting a woman who later died at a hospital.
Police are asking the public's help in identifying the car, which hit the 52-year-old woman as she was crossing East Euclid Avenue just before 11 p.m. Friday.
The woman was crossing the street when the westbound car struck her.
A witness says the car didn't slow or stop after hitting the woman. The vehicle is believed to be a mid-sized car, and it may have damaged to its front and windshield.
The woman was taken to a Des Moines hospital, where she died. Police didn't identify her until relatives could be notified.
People with information can call Des Moines police at 515-283-4811 or Polk County Crime Stoppers anonymously at 515-223-1400.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration