DES MOINES, IA (AP) - Des Moines police say a car didn't slow or stop after hitting a woman who later died at a hospital.
Police are asking the public's help in identifying the car, which hit the 52-year-old woman as she was crossing East Euclid Avenue just before 11 p.m. Friday.
The woman was crossing the street when the westbound car struck her.
A witness says the car didn't slow or stop after hitting the woman. The vehicle is believed to be a mid-sized car, and it may have damaged to its front and windshield.
The woman was taken to a Des Moines hospital, where she died. Police didn't identify her until relatives could be notified.
People with information can call Des Moines police at 515-283-4811 or Polk County Crime Stoppers anonymously at 515-223-1400.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract