DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Police in Des Moines say a man is in critical condition after being shot at least six times during an overnight shooting.
Rashad Adair has undergone surgery at a Des Moines hospital after being shot at least six times on his nose and both his upper and lower torsos. Police say Adair was sitting in a vehicle late Thursday night when a gunman approached him and fired several shots. The gunman then fled on foot.
Police say two witnesses have been interviewed and released.
Adair is expected to undergo an additional surgery for his injuries.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks