DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Police in Des Moines say a man is in critical condition after being shot at least six times during an overnight shooting.
Rashad Adair has undergone surgery at a Des Moines hospital after being shot at least six times on his nose and both his upper and lower torsos. Police say Adair was sitting in a vehicle late Thursday night when a gunman approached him and fired several shots. The gunman then fled on foot.
Police say two witnesses have been interviewed and released.
Adair is expected to undergo an additional surgery for his injuries.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration