DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A Des Moines man has been accused of calling 911 dozens of times and threatening to shoot and kill people.
Des Moines police say Jack Scott made the phone calls Thursday morning. He is accused of telling dispatchers that his girlfriend was dead and decaying.
KCCI-TV reports officers went to Scott's apartment to investigate. A police report says officers could hear Scott on the phone with dispatchers when they arrived.
Scott is accused of threatening officers as he was handcuffed. He has been charged with obstruction of emergency communications. Records do not list an attorney.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay