DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A Des Moines man has been accused of calling 911 dozens of times and threatening to shoot and kill people.
Des Moines police say Jack Scott made the phone calls Thursday morning. He is accused of telling dispatchers that his girlfriend was dead and decaying.
KCCI-TV reports officers went to Scott's apartment to investigate. A police report says officers could hear Scott on the phone with dispatchers when they arrived.
Scott is accused of threatening officers as he was handcuffed. He has been charged with obstruction of emergency communications. Records do not list an attorney.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Fort Lauderdale shooter says he carried out attack for ISIS, FBI claims
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers