DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Police say a physically disabled Des Moines man was stuffed in the trunk of his own car, beaten with a brick and left in a city park.
The Des Moines Register says the 60-year-old victim was taken to a hospital early Friday in critical condition.
Police say the man called 911 around 5:50 a.m. Friday, saying he had been stuffed into the truck of his car.
The man's cellphone was traced to a city park along the Des Moines River. When officers arrived at the park, they heard what sounded like an assault.
Officers spotted the car and found the victim nearby. His head was bleeding and he was unresponsive. Witnesses said they saw someone run away, but police have made no arrests.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day