DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Police say a physically disabled Des Moines man was stuffed in the trunk of his own car, beaten with a brick and left in a city park.
The Des Moines Register says the 60-year-old victim was taken to a hospital early Friday in critical condition.
Police say the man called 911 around 5:50 a.m. Friday, saying he had been stuffed into the truck of his car.
The man's cellphone was traced to a city park along the Des Moines River. When officers arrived at the park, they heard what sounded like an assault.
Officers spotted the car and found the victim nearby. His head was bleeding and he was unresponsive. Witnesses said they saw someone run away, but police have made no arrests.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death