DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Gov. Terry Branstad has issued a disaster emergency proclamation for Des Moines County.
The proclamation announced Thursday follows similar action for other counties due to spring storm and flooding damage.
The action will help Des Moines County access state resources in response to the damage.
Branstad also activated an individual assistance program that provides grants of up to $5,000 for home or car repairs, clothing or food replacements and temporary housing expenses.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration