MILWAUKEE (AP) - Authorities say a sheriff's deputy resuscitated a baby on the hood of his squad car along a Milwaukee County interstate.
Sheriff's officials say a mother heard her 7-month-old baby choking in the back seat of her vehicle and pulled over on freeway on-ramp Tuesday afternoon. She tried CPR and called 911 when she could not revive the baby.
Deputy Jeffrey Mike responded within minutes and the mother handed him the lifeless child. The deputy says he cleared the baby's airway and delivered thrusts to the child's back and then began CPR. The baby girl responded and opened her eyes. Mike continued CPR until firefighters arrived.
Sheriff's officials say the baby is reportedly doing well.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building