GRAND RAPIDS, Minn. (AP) - An Itasca County sheriff's deputy is accused of trying to videotape a teenage girl using the bathroom at his home.
The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension alleges 45-year-old Aaron Apitz, of Deer River, used his work cellphone to try to videotape the girl entering and exiting the shower. A criminal complaint says the girl found the phone and saw it was recording and reported the incident.
The Duluth News Tribune says Apitz resigned Tuesday. He was charged with felony interference with privacy against a minor on Wednesday.
Apitz is not in custody. He could not be reached for comment because his phone number has not been published.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns