GRAND RAPIDS, Minn. (AP) - An Itasca County sheriff's deputy is accused of trying to videotape a teenage girl using the bathroom at his home.
The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension alleges 45-year-old Aaron Apitz, of Deer River, used his work cellphone to try to videotape the girl entering and exiting the shower. A criminal complaint says the girl found the phone and saw it was recording and reported the incident.
The Duluth News Tribune says Apitz resigned Tuesday. He was charged with felony interference with privacy against a minor on Wednesday.
Apitz is not in custody. He could not be reached for comment because his phone number has not been published.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge