LA CROSSE, WI - A new look is coming to part of Western Technical College's campus.
Demolition started Monday morning on the old residence hall site on Vine Street between 6th and 7th in La Crosse.
For the next two weeks, crews will be tearing down the walls and getting everything ready for the next step.
"Phase one will be a partnership with Mayo Health System, Western Technical College, and the Hillview Urban Agricultural group for greenhouses, community space, and classrooms, and labs," said Paul Amborn, Facilities Project Manager at Western Technical College.
Phase two of the project includes a composting facility for Hillview and UW-La Crosse. Construction should be complete some time next year.21125476
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student