LA CROSSE, WI - A new look is coming to part of Western Technical College's campus.
Demolition started Monday morning on the old residence hall site on Vine Street between 6th and 7th in La Crosse.
For the next two weeks, crews will be tearing down the walls and getting everything ready for the next step.
"Phase one will be a partnership with Mayo Health System, Western Technical College, and the Hillview Urban Agricultural group for greenhouses, community space, and classrooms, and labs," said Paul Amborn, Facilities Project Manager at Western Technical College.
Phase two of the project includes a composting facility for Hillview and UW-La Crosse. Construction should be complete some time next year.21125476
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration