MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin Democrats are accusing GOP state Sen. Frank Lasee of living outside his district, and are seeking to keep him off the ballot.
The party filed a complaint with the Government Accountability Board this past week alleging that the senator uses a De Pere apartment as his primary address, but lives with his wife and kids in Racine. The complaint says his declaration of candidacy and nomination papers should therefore be declared invalid.
Lasee says the complaint is frivolous. He says he and his family live in in his district at an address in the town of Ledgeview, and that his children attend public schools in his district.
Government Accountability Board staffers plan to review the complaint over the next few days. The board will make a decision June 10.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser