MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin Democrats are accusing GOP state Sen. Frank Lasee of living outside his district, and are seeking to keep him off the ballot.
The party filed a complaint with the Government Accountability Board this past week alleging that the senator uses a De Pere apartment as his primary address, but lives with his wife and kids in Racine. The complaint says his declaration of candidacy and nomination papers should therefore be declared invalid.
Lasee says the complaint is frivolous. He says he and his family live in in his district at an address in the town of Ledgeview, and that his children attend public schools in his district.
Government Accountability Board staffers plan to review the complaint over the next few days. The board will make a decision June 10.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting
- Candle caused fatal Madison condo fire; victim identified
- Walker asks public for help selling his budget
- 90 cans of baby formula stolen from Walmart