MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin Democrats are accusing GOP state Sen. Frank Lasee of living outside his district, and are seeking to keep him off the ballot.
The party filed a complaint with the Government Accountability Board this past week alleging that the senator uses a De Pere apartment as his primary address, but lives with his wife and kids in Racine. The complaint says his declaration of candidacy and nomination papers should therefore be declared invalid.
Lasee says the complaint is frivolous. He says he and his family live in in his district at an address in the town of Ledgeview, and that his children attend public schools in his district.
Government Accountability Board staffers plan to review the complaint over the next few days. The board will make a decision June 10.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years