MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- - Two Democratic state Assembly members have been re-appointed to the Legislature's powerful budget-writing committee.
Reps. Cory Mason of Racine and Jon Richards of Milwaukee will serve on the Joint Finance Committee over the next two years. Both currently are on the committee.
Democratic Minority Leader Rep. Peter Barca made the appointments.
Republicans control the Legislature and hold a 12-4 majority on the budget-writing committee.
The panel is in charge of reviewing Gov. Scott Walker's budget proposal and putting forward its own version of the plan for the full Legislature to consider.
Walker plans to introduce his budget in February.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation