MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- - Two Democratic state Assembly members have been re-appointed to the Legislature's powerful budget-writing committee.
Reps. Cory Mason of Racine and Jon Richards of Milwaukee will serve on the Joint Finance Committee over the next two years. Both currently are on the committee.
Democratic Minority Leader Rep. Peter Barca made the appointments.
Republicans control the Legislature and hold a 12-4 majority on the budget-writing committee.
The panel is in charge of reviewing Gov. Scott Walker's budget proposal and putting forward its own version of the plan for the full Legislature to consider.
Walker plans to introduce his budget in February.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?