LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A Milwaukee democrat hoping to be Wisconsin's next attorney General stops in our area.
Jon Richards has been a state lawmaker for the past 15 years. He's hoping to take over for J.B. Van Hollen who is not running for re-election.
He talked with local law enforcement to learn about what they're seeing on a day to day basis.
Their biggest issues are domestic abuse, drunk driving, and heroin. "I plan on being an Attorney General that works closely with local law enforcement to give them the tools they need through the State Crime Lab and through other programs that we fund through the office like justice assistance to make sure they have the tools they need to keep us all safe," said Richards.
He's one of two democrats running.
The general election is fall of next year.22885784
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract