LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A Milwaukee democrat hoping to be Wisconsin's next attorney General stops in our area.
Jon Richards has been a state lawmaker for the past 15 years. He's hoping to take over for J.B. Van Hollen who is not running for re-election.
He talked with local law enforcement to learn about what they're seeing on a day to day basis.
Their biggest issues are domestic abuse, drunk driving, and heroin. "I plan on being an Attorney General that works closely with local law enforcement to give them the tools they need through the State Crime Lab and through other programs that we fund through the office like justice assistance to make sure they have the tools they need to keep us all safe," said Richards.
He's one of two democrats running.
The general election is fall of next year.22885784
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Reynolds supports program cuts to defund Planned Parenthood
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts