LA CROSSE, Wis.-- Democrat Kathleen Falk is running in the potential recall against Governor Scott Walker and Wednesday she picked up a major endorsement.
The Wisconsin Education Association Council or WEAC says it is backing Falk. WEAC is the largest teachers union in the state.
At a stop in La Crosse Wednesday, Falk said one of her first priorities as governor would be to restore workers rights.
Falk says there is one message she keeps hearing from voters during her campaign. "They just want their state back to the simple values that we share, decent education, decent healthcare, clean air and water and a decent paying job, and they just want a governor who is on their side," says Falk.8619460
La Crosse was Falk's final stop on a two-day tour of the state. Recall petitions are still being reviewed by state officials.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently