LA CROSSE, Wis.-- Democrat Kathleen Falk is running in the potential recall against Governor Scott Walker and Wednesday she picked up a major endorsement.
The Wisconsin Education Association Council or WEAC says it is backing Falk. WEAC is the largest teachers union in the state.
At a stop in La Crosse Wednesday, Falk said one of her first priorities as governor would be to restore workers rights.
Falk says there is one message she keeps hearing from voters during her campaign. "They just want their state back to the simple values that we share, decent education, decent healthcare, clean air and water and a decent paying job, and they just want a governor who is on their side," says Falk.8619460
La Crosse was Falk's final stop on a two-day tour of the state. Recall petitions are still being reviewed by state officials.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting