LA CROSSE, Wis.-- Democrat Kathleen Falk is running in the potential recall against Governor Scott Walker and Wednesday she picked up a major endorsement.
The Wisconsin Education Association Council or WEAC says it is backing Falk. WEAC is the largest teachers union in the state.
At a stop in La Crosse Wednesday, Falk said one of her first priorities as governor would be to restore workers rights.
Falk says there is one message she keeps hearing from voters during her campaign. "They just want their state back to the simple values that we share, decent education, decent healthcare, clean air and water and a decent paying job, and they just want a governor who is on their side," says Falk.8619460
La Crosse was Falk's final stop on a two-day tour of the state. Recall petitions are still being reviewed by state officials.
- Poll shows lack of support of higher taxes for roads
- Poll shows most Wisconsinites oppose repealing health law
- Democrat Vinehout registers to run for governor
- Trump's approval rating worsens in Wisconsin
- Man who died during armed robbery identified
- Gov. Walker announces campaign to promote veteran-owned businesses
- Witnesses heard engine backfire before Wisconsin plane crash
- Shop owners, police stress firework safety and legality
- Walker approval rating at highest level since October 2014
- Fireworks Recalled due to burn and injury hazards