LA CROSSE, Wis.-- Democrat Kathleen Falk is running in the potential recall against Governor Scott Walker and Wednesday she picked up a major endorsement.
The Wisconsin Education Association Council or WEAC says it is backing Falk. WEAC is the largest teachers union in the state.
At a stop in La Crosse Wednesday, Falk said one of her first priorities as governor would be to restore workers rights.
Falk says there is one message she keeps hearing from voters during her campaign. "They just want their state back to the simple values that we share, decent education, decent healthcare, clean air and water and a decent paying job, and they just want a governor who is on their side," says Falk.8619460
La Crosse was Falk's final stop on a two-day tour of the state. Recall petitions are still being reviewed by state officials.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse