LA CROSSE, Wis.-- Democrat Kathleen Falk is running in the potential recall against Governor Scott Walker and Wednesday she picked up a major endorsement.
The Wisconsin Education Association Council or WEAC says it is backing Falk. WEAC is the largest teachers union in the state.
At a stop in La Crosse Wednesday, Falk said one of her first priorities as governor would be to restore workers rights.
Falk says there is one message she keeps hearing from voters during her campaign. "They just want their state back to the simple values that we share, decent education, decent healthcare, clean air and water and a decent paying job, and they just want a governor who is on their side," says Falk.8619460
La Crosse was Falk's final stop on a two-day tour of the state. Recall petitions are still being reviewed by state officials.
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting
- Majority of Wisconsin voters want to keep health care law