MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Democratic candidates for governor are focusing their attacks against Republican Gov. Scott Walker in the opening moments of a candidate forum.
Hundreds of people attended Wednesday's forum in Madison organized by the Dane County Democratic Party.
Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett says Walker has created a civil war in the state and he is the best candidate to heal the wounds.
Former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk says she has shown her commitment to ousting Walker since she's spent the past year speaking out against his policies.
State Sen. Kathleen Vinehout says the state needs a fresh start to heal divisions.
And Secretary of State Doug La Follette says the state has been under attack by Walker and Republican leaders in the Legislature.
The primary is May 8.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers